Dinner - Starters
assorted lettuces, vegetables, tomato vinaigrette
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- Mixture of seasonal veggies and a variety of lettuces
- Tossed with a charred tomato vinaigrette, made with roasted garlic and shallots, red wine vinegar, honey, house worcestershire and fennel
Important Notes: Like the current crudité, but with out the dairy and the pastry ring. Some veggies might be fresh, roasted or pickled.
Pairing Suggestions: Gruener Veltliner, Whites
soba noodles, avocado, black garlic
Allergies: gluten, dairy
- Norwegian salmon will be cured, smoked and then seared.
- Soba noodles are made with buckwheat, so they are not gluten free. They are tossed in ginger vinaigrette made of ginger, oil, vinegar, fish sauce (no shellfish).
- The dish will be served with avocado mousse (dairy), and black garlic dressing. The black garlic dressing is made with black garlic, molasses, coco and oil.
Important notes: This dish will be a hot fish served over cold noodles, so the overall average temperature will be room temp. Please make sure guests know this, so we don’t have people sending it back for being “cold”.
Pairing suggestions: Gruner Veltner, Orvieto, Nicolas Sauv Blanc
pickled peach, delice de Bourgogne, summer truffle, proscuitto
Gluten Free, can be Vegetarian (no prosciutto), can be Dairy Free (no Delice)
- Truffle vinaigrette, with shaved summer truffle
- Heirloom tomatoes, delice de bourgonge cheese, pickled peaches and Proscuitto de Parma
Important Notes: This dish is named after one of our long time cooks, Laura! It is a perennial summer favorite at Icehouse. Tomatoes are locally sourced!
Pairing Suggestions: Toschi Pinot Noir, white?
poached duck egg, mushroom dashi, rice noodles
Gluten Free, Vegetarian (duck egg can be omitted to make the dish Vegan)
This dish is a play on Asisan noodle soup made with mushroom dashi. Dashi is Japanese rich mushroom broth. We will serve our dish with rice noodles, poached duck egg served over rice noodles, kombu (seaweed), mushrooms, shallots, ginger, tamari, star anise and cinnamon.
The mushroom dashi will be made with a mix of wild and cultivated mushrooms, right now its chanterelles, but as the season progresses we will see more chicken of the woods, hen of woods and lobster mushrooms.
- We will offer a cool upgrade for this dish. For an additional $6 we will substitute shrimp and foie gras dumplings for the rice noodles. Each order will come with three dumplings. If the guests do the pf option, the upgrade price will still be $6.
Important Notes: The kitchen plans to do weekly info sheets to give us info on our seasonal or rotating items like the mushroom, market fish or ploughman’s platter. So ask questions to the BOH staff about what’s new and changing. Stay current on the dishes!
sweet corn gazpacho, jalapeno-bacon popper
Allergies: shellfish, dairy (can be omitted)
Spoon Should be pre-slivered with this dish.
Fried softshell crab made with a gluten free dredge. Corn gazpacho has roasted corn, corn stock, roasted yellow peppers and yellow tomato. This is probably be served tableside.
Served with a jalapeno bacon popper. The jalapeno is roasted and stuffed with garlic cream cheese filling made with cheddar and sweet smoked paprika. Finally the whole popper is wrapped in bacon.
Important Notes: We will offer a whole or half crab. A good way to explain this is that the whole crab is a good share size for table with several plates or a good starter for a hungry person. The half crab is more appropriately sized for a multi-course meal or someone not sharing. The dairy and pork can be left off, sans popper! Also not that the popper is roasted, not deep fried.
Pairing Suggestions: Rose, dry whites
crispy sweetbreads, xo mayo, cucumber, crushed peanuts
Allergies: Nut (can do without)
- The carpaccio will be made with veal sirloin sourced from Holland. The cows are ethically raised with outdoor access in a low stress environment. This creates truly beautiful meat.
- The carpaccio will be accompanied by xo mayo. Our xo sauce is made by first sweating shallots, ginger and garlic in duck fat. Then Chinese sausage, dried scallops, dried shrimp, fish sauce, black garlic and spices like anise, cinnamon and orange peel are added. We will serve the sauce as a mayo to turn down the intensity so it doesn’t overpower the carpaccio.
- Sweetbreads are fried in a GF dredge!
- The dish will be topped with crushed peanuts. The peanuts are flavored bacon spice, brown sugar, cayenne, hot smoked paprika, and egg whites. They are smoked and tossed with spices and egg whites then roasted.
Important Notes: When stress in animals is minimized during their lives, transport and slaughter, the meat has a lower PH balance. Studies show that when animals are subjected to fright or stress a rapid breakdown of muscle glycogen occurs; this lightens the color of the meat and turns it acidic and tasteless. Stress can also elevate the meat’s level of stress hormones, which have a negative effect when consumed by humans. The veal we have sourced is humanely treated and thus is beautiful, richly colored and wonderful tasting.
Dinner - Mains
sesame, crème fraiche, cannellini salad, Dijon
Allergies: dairy (w/o crème fraiche)
- Swordfish crusted with sesame, lightly poached, and cooked to medium. It will be a bit pink. We can cook to no pink, but we would prefer to send it out pink for taste
- Served with cold cannellini bean salad made with tomatoes, arugula and a Dijon crème fraiche.
Important Notes: We will be using The Fish Guys for our seafood orders. They have a commitment to sustainability and only work with vendors who source products ethically. Check out their website for more details (www.thefishguysinc.com). The region for the swordfish may change, but right now is New Zealand wild caught fish. Note that the fish will be served hot, but the bean salad is cold- so the dish will be room temp. If a guest asks about mercury and seafood, swordfish is a predator fish, so it can have a higher mercury content than other finds of fish. However, swordfish may be safely eaten on weekly or bi-monthly basis, so this shouldn’t be a concern for most guests. If you have follow up questions about fish and mercury check in with MOD or Chef.
Suggested Pairings: De Loach Chardonnay (bottle), L’agnosstique Chardonnay or Nicolas Sauvignon Blanc (glass)
summer squash, sweet corn, poblano, cojita
- Smoked, seared potato gnocchi garnished with summer squash and sweet corn. Topped with poblano sauce and garnished with stuffed zucchini blossoms. The dish is topped with cojita cheese.
Important Notes: Our gnocchi have dairy in them, so besides the cheese, this dish would not be suitable for vegetarians.
nectarine, pedro xixminez, anchovy, cous cous, mustard greens
Allergies: gluten (can be gf without the cous cous)
- Seared mackerel with pedro xixminez glaze and anchovies. The mackerel will be seared skin side and brushed with the glaze, then it will get flipped and topped with a brown, Spanish anchovy and broiled. The anchovies are packed in oil and not pickled. When it is broiled the anchovy will form a kind of crust on the mackerel and melt in!
- Pedro xixminez is a specific sherry grape we are using for our glaze. The sweetness of the grapes should balance nicely with the oily, saltiness of the mackerel and anchovy.
- The dish will be served with micro mustard greens and Spanish cous cous with saffron, sherry, fennel and coriander.
Important Notes: We will be serving either the Atlantic mackerel or the Spanish. The Spanish are generally much larger. Be aware that mackerel is an oily fish and we are also serving this with anchovies. If guests do not like “fishy” fish, this is definitely not the entrée for them. Please guide the guests carefully when ordering this dish to determine their preferences. This dish has strong Spanish and Mediterranean flavors!
brisket fat potatoes, bacon, balsamic, cabbage
Allergies: pork can be omitted
The beef tri tip marinated with balsamic, allspice, and pan roasted to medium/medium rare. We cannot go pinker than this, however we can go higher temp if a guest prefers their beef more well done.
The tri tip will be served with brisket fat potatoes, they are poached in brisket fat and the seared.
They will have a sweet, smoky vibe like German potato salad. The dish is also served with balsamic glazed pork belly or bacon (like the pork duet cut). The cabbage will be seared and roasted in brisket fat.
Important Notes: Expect the dish to be served medium rare, a similar color to our burger. We can cook it up but not down.
truffle honey, smoked tomato aioli
Served with a Steak Knife
- Veal ribs in a larger dinner portion than the HH portion we are currently serving. The ribs will be drizzled in honey and served with smoked aioli on the side.
Important Notes: The cows are ethically raised with outdoor access in a low stress environment. This creates truly beautiful meat. When stress in animals is minimized during their lives, transport and slaughter, the meat has a lower PH balance. Studies show that when animals are subjected to fright or stress a rapid breakdown of muscle glycogen occurs; this lightens the color of the meat and turns it acidic and tasteless. Stress can also elevate the meat’s level of stress hormones, which have a negative effect when consumed by humans. The veal we have sourced is humanely treated and thus is beautiful, richly colored and wonderful tasting. We are the only entity in the US serving this particular product.
broccoli risotto, raclette, ham
Allergies: gluten, dairy
Served with a Steak knife
The chicken breast will be brined and pounded flat, then wrapped around raclette cheese and prosciutto, and finally breaded and fried.
Served over broccoli risotto. Similar to the current chicken kiev dish.
Important Notes: please note there is no blue cheese in this dish, it is just the traditional name.
Dinner - Chef's Cuts
onion confit, delice, truffle bordelaise (g) *add a slab of foie gras $15
Brisket, sirloin, and chuck patty cooked to medium, topped with caramelized onions, Delice, lettuce, and lemon aioli; all on an onion bun. (When foie gras is added, Delice is not.)
**Petite version available during happy hour.
Allergens: gluten, dairy
assortment of smoked meat, fish, & other savory bits
Allergens: may contain fish, nuts, and gluten
Vegetable Burger Platter salad greens, seasonal vegetables, mustard sauce
Dinner - Sides & Snacks
Served with choice of spicy ketchup, harissa, fondue, or smoked tomato aioli.
- Bacon spice, brown sugar, cayenne, hot smoked paprika, egg whites- smoked tossed with spices and egg whites then roasted
Variety of house-made pickles which constantly change. Served with a saffron pickled egg on top.
Assorted Pickled Veggies
- bacon, fondue, chives, crème fraiche
- torchio pasta, heirloom tomato, blue cheese. This M&C will be offered at Lunch and Dinner. The cheddar with garlic breadcrumbs will be available at HH.
Can Be GF
- House brioche, lemon aioli, harissa, thick cut bacon, fried soft shell crab. Served a la carte, no fries, can be made gf
Vegetarian (w/o empanada)
- chimichurri, aged provolone
- $3 add chorizo empanada. $3 per empanada, so they can add multiples
- Small baked dish like a cassoulet. The cannellini beans will be cooked with house made Italian sausage, roasted cauliflower and basil, topped with breadcrumbs.
Gluten free, Wet Nap
- Wings are brined, smoked, fried, tossed with ginger vinaigrette and pickled bird chilies, and broiled. The bird chilies are very spicy. Be sure to touch upon this with guests, if they are into a more mild experience we will leave off the chilies. Enter that as a note in the modification field.
- Soy mayo on the side and wet naps!