Dinner - Starters
chicken confit, Moroccan spiced ranch, almonds, preserved lemon
Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Allergies: dairy, nuts
- The chopped salad will feature a base of chicken confit made with chicken thighs, duck fat and Moroccan spice. It is then seared and then used as the base for the salad. The chicken is topped with chopped greens, including romaine gems, butter lettuce, and other seasonal greens that are tossed with Moroccan spiced ranch.
- There will be other spring vegetables included that will depend on availability. The salad is topped with almonds and preserved lemon as well.
Important notes: We can easily omit nuts for nut free guests.
Pairing suggestions: Gruner Veltliner, Ermita De San Felices Rioja, Nicholas Sauv Blanc
Tuna Hand Roll cured salmon, harissa, avocado, calamari, shoyu
Allergies: soy, Gluten
- This dish will be similar in structure to our current Lobster Hand roll, but the flavor profile is changing and we are replacing the lobster with Ahi Tuna. The tuna will be tossed with avocado, spicy cucumber and tossed with soy sauce mayo and harissa. The tuna salad will be rolled into a cured salmon skin (Gravlax) wrapper. Think of it as a riff on a spicy tuna roll!
- Ahi is the Hawaian word for tuna, so the Ahi designation references where it is sourced. We will be using sashimi grade tuna. We will use either yellow fin or big eye tuna.
- Garnished with fried calamari.
Important Notes: Dish has a sushi like appearance. The calamari is fried, so they do have gluten and would not be suitable for GF guests. Dish has a sushi like appearance. The calamari is fried, so they do have gluten and would not be suitable for GF guests. There is also soy and gluten in the shoyu mayo. The soy mayo will be made using shoyu soy sauce, a high end, and delicious and authentic product.
Pairing Suggestions: Orvieto, Grüner Veltliner
smoked cheddar grits, Andouille, crème fraiche
Allergies: Shellfish, dairy
- We will be serving head on New Orleans BBQ-style gulf shrimp New Orleans. The shrimp are quite large and will be partially peeled for our guests ease.
- The bbq sauce is tomato based with homemade Worcestershire garlic, sherry, smoked tomato, finished with butter and herbs. The Andouille sausage is pork with a lamb casing. The grits are real white hominy grits with house-smoked cheddar. The dish will be topped with crème fraiche.
Important Notes: The shrimp are sustainably sourced gulf shrimp from the US coast of the Gulf of Mexico. These are some of the only sustainably caught shrimp found in the world. The major source of shrimp in the US comes from shrimp farms found in Asia and South America. The shrimp farming industries in many of these countries are poorly regulated and use unsafe and unfair labor practices and contribute to ecosystem destruction. Gulf shrimp trawlers use by catch reduction devices to reduce other aquatic organisms from being picked up with the shrimp. This practice of catching wild shrimp makes for a tastier, more sustainable product and that is why we use it!
Pairing Suggestions: Nicholas Sauvignon Blanc, Gruner Veltliner, Tempranillo
white asparagus, sweetbreads, gremolata, hazelnut mayo
Allergies: Nut, gluten
- The Carpaccio will be made with veal sirloin sourced from Holland. The cows are ethically raised with outdoor access in a low stress environment. This creates truly beautiful meat. It will be lightly seared and coated with herbs.
- The dish will be plated with a ring of gremolata that includes pink peppercorn, citrus zest and parsley.
- It will also be garnished with shaved raw white asparagus, lightly battered and fried crispy veal sweetbreads and homemade hazelnut mayo.
Important Notes: When stress in animals is minimized during their lives, transport and slaughter, the meat has a lower PH balance. Studies show that when animals are subjected to fright or stress a rapid breakdown of muscle glycogen occurs; this lightens the color of the meat and turns it acidic and tasteless. Stress can also elevate the meat’s level of stress hormones, which have a negative effect when consumed by humans. The veal we have sourced is humanely treated and thus is beautiful, richly colored and wonderful tasting.
Suggested Pairings: Domaine Houchart, Toschi Pinot Noir, Orvietto
nettle-sunflower pesto, duck egg, roasted tomato
Allergies: dairy, gluten
- The wild mushroom ravioli will be stuffed with king, oyster and shitake mushrooms. It will be tossed in a wild nettle pesto with roasted tomatoes.
- The dish will be topped with a sunny side up duck egg sourced from Graise Farms in Northfield MN. Graise ducks are free range and fed certified organic grains. Duck eggs are typically jumbo size eggs.
Important Notes: Take a look at the Graise Farm website: www.graisefarm.com to see more about the farm and its mission, “To ensure all community members have access to healthy, flavorful food from compassionately raised animals. To invite everyone in our community to experience livestock living in harmony with nature. To sell the highest quality food at a fair price.”
Pairing Suggestions: Shebang, Gruener Veltner, Toschi Pinot Noir
herb vinaigrette, burrata, baguette
Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- We’re bringing back the mushroom skillet, it will feature the roasted mushrooms with a herb vinaigrette, topped with burrata cheese and served with baguette slices. The mushrooms will be rotating depending on what is available.
Important Notes: Unlike other iterations this dish will not feature egg or polenta.
Pairing suggestions: Purple Malbec, Cono 4
ricotta, sherry vinegar, savory pie dough
Allergies: Gluten, Dairy
- The crudité will feature a rotating selection of spring vegetables including raw, cooked and pickled veggies, including baby carrots, radishes and peas.
- The veggies will rest on some herbed ricotta and be encircled by a savory pie dough ring.
- The dish will also feature a sherry vinaigrette.
Important Notes: The dish will look a bit like a flowerpot! Please note that if guests are dairy free or gluten free, this dish will not be available. For GF or dairy free guests suggest the greens salad.
Pairing Suggestions: Gruner Veltliner, Verus Pinot Gris, L’Agnostic Chardonnay
Dinner - Mains
tallegio, watercress, lentils, crème fraiche, black garlic dressing
Allergies: dairy, gluten
- Served as a small pot pie, made with a savory pie crust. Stuffed with mushroom gravy, mushrooms and tallegio cheese. There will be no egg on this iteration.
- The pie will be served with green puy lentils, wild local watercress and black garlic dressing. The dressing will be a vinaigrette featuring pomegranate, coco, molasses, chili flakes, harrisa, lemon.
Suggested Pairings: Domaine Hochart, Dogajolo
pommes puree, truffle honey, spring onion
Allergies: gluten, dairy
- The drummies are chicken legs brined and made confit with duck fat. They are then breaded and fried. They are a fried in the traditional southern way with a traditional buttermilk soak then battered and seasoned. They will be served alongside decadent, rich and silky mashed potatoes and truffle honey sauce.
Suggested Pairings: Purple Malbec, De Loach Chardonnay
wild shrimp, artichokes, fava puree
Allergies: shellfish, dairy
- The salmon will be poached with shrimp in shellfish butter and quick seared. The shrimp are gulf shrimp, served without heads.
- Served with fava puree and artichokes
Important Notes: Please review this website describing the Skuna Bay salmon industry and its shipping: www.skunasalmon.com. They are hand graded fish, raised in an deep water ocean sound farm with rapid running water. The water is very cold and the pen is uncrowded with a density of 1%. The salmon is sea to shelf in three days sent on ice in high tech, sustainable packaging. It couldn’t be better or greener!
Suggested Pairings: Famille Gulheim Chardonnay, Deloach Chardonnay
ramp risotto, spring vegetables
Allergies: gluten, dairy
Served with a Steak knife
- The chicken breast will be brined and pounded flat, wrapped around morel butter, then breaded and fried
- It will be served with a traditional risotto made with ramps, giving it a beautiful bright green hue. It will be garnished with spring vegetables like white asparagus, pea tendrils and baby carrots. It will also be garnished with morels, when they are available.
Suggested Pairings: Orvietto, Colombard Mongravet, Pinot Noir
Dry Aged Lamb Sirloin salsa verde, fritto misto
Served with a Steak Knife
- 30 day dry aged lamb, top sirloin. The portion is 6.5 oz. The cut started at 9 oz, and gets smaller due to the aging and trimming. This is important as the portion may look small, but it is a labor intensive and the lamb is very rich.
- It is served with a vegetarian fritto misto, a quick fried, vegetable medley. It will include beans asparagus, squash and mushrooms.
- The sirloin is served with a Mediterranean salasa verde made with parsley, mint, olive oil.
Important Notes: Note that the salsa verde is the Italian version, not the latin salsa verde. The aged lamb is sourced from Chicago, using ethically raised lambs from Iowa.
Suggested Pairings: Barbera, Dolmo, Emilio Morro
potato gnocchi, proscutto di parma, mushrooms, cerignola
Allergies: dairy, gluten
- Veal sirloin cutlets will be lightly pounded, dredged in seasoned flour and sautéed.
- The gnocchi, will be pan seared and sauced, then finished with prosciutto di parma, green cerignola olives and mushrooms.
Suggested Pairings: Barbera, Dogajolo, Sauvignon Blanc?, Rioja?
bourbon, blue cheese, sweet peppers, onion rings
Allergies: gluten, dairy
- Beef tri tip will be marinated with bourbon, onion and garlic. It is slow cooked and then broiled with a bourbon sauce. It will be served with a roasted sweet red pepper sauce also made with bourbon.
- Served with blue cheese and onion rings, which will potentially be made with bourbon barreled beer!
Important Notes: Expect the dish to be served medium rare, a similar color to our burger. No temperature modifications. We can cook it up but not down. If we cook the steak or lamb much more it causes the meat to dry and toughen. These are lean cuts, so try to steer people away from temp modifications. This dish is a bourbon festival!
Suggested Pairings: bourbon (Satan or Playing Makeup), Insider Cab, Dogajolo
tatziki, falafel, olive sofrito, sesame
- Ahi is the Hawaiian word for tuna, so the Ahi designation references where it is sourced. We will be using sashimi grade tuna. We will use either yellow fin or big eye tuna.
- The tuna will be crusted in sesame and lightly seared. It will be served with a Greek yogurt tatziki sauce made with sesame, grated cucumbers, garlic and olive oil.
- The dish also features an olive sofrito. A sofrito traditionally is made with stewed onions, garlic and tomato. Our version adds an olive component. It is similar to a tapenade but not quite as heavy an olive presence as a traditional tapenade.
Important Notes: This dish has Mediterranean flavors. We can serve the dish without dairy to accommodate guests with allergies or aversions if we omit the tatziki sauce.
Suggested Pairings: Rose Lafiko, L'agnostic Chardonnay
Dinner - Chef's Cuts
onion confit, delice, truffle bordelaise (g) *add a slab of foie gras $15
Brisket, sirloin, and chuck patty cooked to medium, topped with caramelized onions, Delice, lettuce, and lemon aioli; all on an onion bun. (When foie gras is added, Delice is not.)
**Petite version available during happy hour.
Allergens: gluten, dairy
assortment of smoked meat, fish, & other savory bits
Allergens: may contain fish, nuts, and gluten
horseradish crème fraiche, brussels sprouts
Smoked beef brisket with house Cajun mix, horseradish crème fraiche and brussels sprouts, Now with BBQ sauce and a fried onion ring
Allergens: Dariy Wine:
Vegetable Burger Platter salad greens, seasonal vegetables, mustard sauce
This is the main vegetarian option
Served as rib rack. Since they are smaller, they look like pork spare ribs. They are brined, slow cooked and then smoked.
Served as half rack on HH or Lunch Prix Fixe
Sauces: hazelnut mayo, black garlic dressing, salsa verde, truffle bordelaise, smoked tomato aioli, Moroccan ranch, truffle honey
Dinner - Sides & Snacks
hickory smoked chicken wings, dry rub spice, bbq spices, smoked tomato aioli served with pickles
Served with choice of spicy ketchup, harissa, fondue, or smoked tomato aioli.
- Fontina fondue, Swiss, breadcrumbs
- $10 add Lobster Modification!
Allergens: Dairy, gluten
Variety of house-made pickles which constantly change. Served with a saffron pickled egg on top.
Assorted Pickled Veggies
- bacon, fondue, chives, crème fraiche
- seared green pencil asparagus, prosciutto, fondue, lemon, parsley