Starting at the very beginning, his dad's interest in The Grand Ole Opry and his mom's fondness for American Bandstand immersed Dan Schwartz in a wide variety of great music. This influence resonates in the range of music he composes, records and performs today.
Dan is also passionate about teaching music to young children. He guides over 70 students per week through his teaching studios, St Stephen Young Musicians Program and Twin Cities Young Guitarist Program, which he founded in 2008.
As a co-leader and performer, his music also brings compelling energy to corporate training events with Uncommon Seminars, LLC.
Other Credits and Recordings:
- Peter Mayer: Third Street (Blue Boat, 2014), session musician
- Masters Certificate in Orff Schulwerk, University of St Thomas (2013)
- The Neighborhood Trio: The Neighborhood Trio (Peacefire Productions, 2011), principal recording
- New Roots Duo: Next Stop singles (Peacefire Productions, 2010), principal recording
- Leandra Peak: Honeysuckle Vine (Uncle Gus Music, 2010), session musician
- Peter Mayer: Heaven Below (Blue Boat, 2010), session musician
- Lifescapes - Relaxing Guitar, produced by Billy McLaughlin (Compass Productions, 2009), compilation recording
- Neal Hagberg: It's Not as Simple as It Seems (Uncle Gus Music, 2008) producer, engineer
- Roots Run Deep voted "Best folk/roots album of the year" by Mpls. St Paul Magazine
Over the years, Elgin has performed in local coffee houses; restaurants; Mall of America, Minneapolis - Saint Paul Airport, wine tastings; Bed and Breakfasts; weddings; house concerts; church services and open-mic nights with the Minnesota Guitar Society. Elgin also was awarded a certificate of special congressional recognition from congressman John Kline for his service to the community through benefit concerts to help the homeless, cancer victims and programs for single moms. Elgin has shared the stage with some of the artists who continue to inspire him including: Dean Magraw, Dan Schwartz, Ben Woolman, Dylan Mckinstry, Dan Neale, Tim Sparks, Greg Herriges, Steve Lehto and John Wright.
Evans is a versatile guitarist who draws heavily on rock and world music influences and has been a mainstay on the Twin Cities improvised music scene for a number of years.