$8 in advance/$10 at the door
10:30pm doors/11pm showtime
Dred I Dred:
Dred I Dread is a Minneapolis, MN based Reggae Band. The Band features talented musicians that come from Jamaica, New Orleans, Minnesota and Turkiye. The diverse heritage of these band members echo in the sound of Dred I Dread.
- 1998 - Dred I Dread was formed in Minneapolis.
- 1999 - Dred I Dread was chosen "Best Local Reggae Band" by City Pages Magazine.
- 1999 - The debut CD "Listen to the Revolution" was released in early March 1999. The CD was produced by International Reggae Keyboardist Tony “Asher” Brisset, one of the founding members of Black Uhuru.
- 2000 - Dred I Dread was named "Best Reggae Band in Minnesota" by the members of the Minnesota Music Academy.
- 2001 - Dred I Dread was named "Best Reggae Band in Minnesota" by the members of the Minnesota Music Academy.
- 2008 - Dred I Dread released their second album named "A Piece of Americana".
- 2009 - Dred I Dread released third album "Tribulation" .
- 2010-2011 - Rawle G is back and Dred I Dread Family is back on track!
- 2011 - 2014 Band is producing new music and working on the highly anticipated 2015 album produced by Saunjay Kerr (Humba) of J'Island Records. Album features Dred I Dread crew and Tony “Asher” Brisset, Earl Chinna Smith.
Dred I Dread Team
Peewee Dread (vocals) - Dred I Dread is fronted by New Orleans native Peewee Dread. “I sing for the love of the music,” says Peewee. He has been singing from his childhood. Peewee is the solid voice of Dred I Dread incorporating his Creole-Caribbean style into Reggae and Hip Hop.
Rawle G (drums, vocals) - Born in Kingston, Jamaica, Rawle' moved to New York City in 1986 to follow his dream of making a living in music. In New York City, he immersed himself in a variety of sounds, including ska, reggae, and hard rock. Rawle' became a staple in the NYC music scene with the bands: Extra Sausage, the Band Droidz, and Oly Gungu Fiest, who toured across the United States opening for Junior Reid. Leaving New York in 1998, Rawle' moved to Minneapolis and set about turning the Reggae scene upside down in town by forming Dred I Dread.
Serdar G (guitars) - Serdar is originally from Ankara, Türkiye. Fascinated by the Blues music, he moved to US to pursue music. He has played in well known Reggae,Calypso and Soca Bands. Some of these bands include Cyril Paul and the Calypso Monarchs, Iroots, Shangoya and two time Minnesota Music Awards winner Dred I Dread. Serdar opened for The Wailers, Yellowman, Israel Vibration, The Meditations, Itals, Culture, De La Soul and many other international acts.
Paul Kammeyer (bass) - Paul studied jazz and classical music at the University of St. Thomas. During college, Paul started playing out with several different groups, including KGB, Morning Star, Green, and Zion Tribe. He joined Dred I Dread in March, 2007.
Alex Cole Jr. (keyboards) - Alex is a Dred I Dread veteran from the early days. A very talented artist, Alex plays keyboards at Dred I Dread.
Todd Baer (trumpet) - A passionate Reggae musician Todd, leads the Dred I Dread' s horn section.