$8 in advance/$8 at the door
9:30pm doors/10pm showtime
Hosted by Amanda Day
Toussaint Morrison is a hopeless romantic and coffeehouse haunt who has represented the Twin Cities in 3 national poetry slams and several country-wide tours as a hip-hop artist. More importantly, his work with students in special ed. and youth poetry workshops has both attracted more attention to and enriched his work more than any national tour. Paying rent as a film actor/vocalist/evil-enabler, Morrison released his 5th mixtape in unholy-matrimony and cabal with producer Dr. Wylie. Since their mixtapes reached the half-a-million-download mark, the two man-children now currently conspire to release an EP in early April 2016.
Glow Mechanics is a hip hop group from Minneapolis made up of emcees Ghostmeat and BEV, producer Es El, and visual artist/videographers Plane Jane and Twan. We try to make music that's cool to listen to and fun to watch and as hip hop as possible.
* 89.3 The Current: "Fans of early Headshots-era Atmosphere might dig this lo-fi, wry hip-hop duo, which features the dueling verses of MCs Ghostmeat and Bev over skittering jazz and soul-sampling beats by Es El."
* City Pages: "Twin Cities hip-hop trio Glow Mechanics' new album, Factored In, comes at you at a rapid pace. Created by emcees Ghostmeat and BEV, and with beats by Es El, no song tops three minutes -- yet they stay with you long after they're over. Their hip-hop folds in everyday happenings with samples from jazz and funk infused with feeling."
* Vita.mn: "Soulful and playful hip-hop that invokes 'Overcast!'-era Atmosphere without the navel-gazing."
* First Avenue: "Known for their incredible live shows and immense MN-specific touring, they’ve made quite the name for themselves. Sounds like: Madvillain, Chance the Rapper, Atmosphere"
* Music That Isn't Bad (Best Minnesota Albums of 2014): "Each time I hear something new from these guys, I’m a little bit more impressed. It’s hard not to be reminded of my initiation into the hip-hop appreciator’s guild when listening to the jazz- and soul-infused beats. When it comes to Twin Cities hip-hop, these guys are the whole package."